Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Caramel Cake




           We were having a get together party at my sister-in-laws place in kerala. She had ordered a caramel and walnut cake. Well that was the first time ever  I tasted a caramel cake…Oh my goodness!!! That cake tasted yummy… it was quite moist and just melts in your mouth. The next thing that came to my mind was to search for the cake recipe and replicate it.


I could not get a direct recipe for a caramel cake. I had to club up two three recipes till I finally landed on my version of caramel cake…

This cake is too delicious that your family will want for more. Today as a come back to my blogging, I would like to share with you the caramel cake recipe.  

Ingredients:

Plain Flour (Maida) – 2 cups
Butter – 200gms
Sugar – ½ cup powdered
Sugar for caramel – ½ cup
Eggs – 5 nos
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Hot water - 1/2 cup
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup

Method:

1.     Preheat the oven at 180 degree. Sieve together refined flour, baking powder and soda powder
2. In a pan melt the sugar to make the caramel. Melt it and stir till it becomes a dark golden brown. When it is done add the hot water to it and stir it. Keep it aside.
3. In a bowl add the butter with powdered sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon. To this add the condensed milk and mix well.
4. In an another bowl beat the egg with egg beater; (there is no need to separate egg white and yolk) mix it whole.
5. To the butter sugar mixture add the beaten egg and refined flour mixture slowly and mix it well.
6. To this add the prepared caramel and mix it slowly with a spoon. Grease the baking pan with little butter and line it with baking sheet.
7. Pour the cake mixture to the greased cake pan and bake it at 180 degrees to 30 to 40 mins or till the skewer comes out clean.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool. De-mould the cake and dust it with powdered sugar.

9. Tastes better when served with a dollop of fresh cream

No comments:

Post a Comment